Mitsubishi Electric has announced
the release of the high-performance, cost-effective vertical six-axis robot, the RV-8CRL. With a slim, compact design and no need for battery backup on the robot’s internal encoders, the RV-8CRL can fit into a wide variety of applications. Featuring compatibility with a wide range of peripherals and safety components and a three-year on-site warranty, RV-8CRL features the quality you expect from a Mitsubishi Electric robot at a more accessible price point.
Here are a few of the most important features:
- Compact design– A simple, curved design results in a smaller base size footprint. This also results in minimal protrusion to the front, back, and sides, reducing potential interference with surroundings while the robot is in operation. This makes it a good fit for automation cells and manufacturing equipment.
- Expanded effective working area– With a maximum load capacity of 8kg and a maximum reach of 931mm, the RV-8CRL minimizes the interference region and the “in minimum” turning radius to provide a wider effective working area.
- User wiring built into arm– Signal wires and air piping used for gripper controls are built in from the base to the forearm. Both ends of the signal wire have universal D-Sub connectors for easy installation for various applications.
- Simple structure– Simplification of the robot arm structure has improved transmission efficiency and reliability while also improving the ease of maintenance.
- No battery backup– Batteries are not required to back-up the internal encoders, reducing cost and saving time, as well as eliminating the risk of losing origin coordinates due to battery failure.
- Higher IP rating– IP65 rating comes standard with environmental resistance features allowing installation in plants and on equipment where higher IP ratings are required.
- Predictive maintenance – The robot load monitor function within RT Toolbox3, the standard programming software for Mitsubishi Electric robots, is predictive maintenance built into the software.